- Bethany, please share with the readers a short biography of your life.
I’ve been married for almost fourteen years, and together we have a blended family with five children. I’m retired from the Air Force, and my husband is still active duty, so we never live in one place for too long. I write a little bit of everything… Whatever intrigues me at the time is what I put my focus on.
- At what age did you discover writing?
I remember writing as early as ten. Short stories and plays.
- Who inspired you to begin writing?
My mom was a big reader, and encouraged me to read. That began my love of stories, which transitioned into writing my own.
- When were you first published?
I self-published my first book, Ta Ta for Now!, the first in my YA series, in June 2011.
- Where do discover your ideas for storylines?
All over. Watching people, listening to music, pulling from past experiences. Sometimes I’ll just get an idea, or a feeling, and write what I’d like to read.
- Do you crate an outline or plot for each story, or do you simply prefer to free write to see where an idea takes you?
I don’t write out an outline, but I usually have an idea marinating in my mind for a while before I start. I keep a lot of notebooks, and will jot down ideas, or phrases that I want to make sure I include in a story.
- If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Little Women. Something that has lasted and continues to bring out every emotion.
- Who are your top three favorite authors?
Kristen Ashley, Nora Roberts, and Tarryn Fisher
- Who is your favorite character from a book?
From my books? Brock. He is in the Time for Love series, and I absolutely love everything about him.
From someone else’s book? Probably Jo March from Little Women.
- How many books have you written?
- How many stories have you currently started that have not yet been finished?
I have two stories started. One, a women’s fiction, and the other, the first book in a new Romance series.
- What does a typical day of writing look like? Are you a full time author or is this a side job?
Since I retired, I write full time. I usually like to work in the morning, and try to get my writing in while the kids are at school. I’m finding summer vacation an impossible time to write! L
- What do you do in your free time?
I love to read. Watch movies and TV. I like to go to National Parks and trails and go walking with my family. We spend a lot of time at my son’s baseball games, which I really enjoy. And I love to go on vacation.
- Which character from your writing do you identify with most?
Probably Sam from Indelible. I’ve been a single mom, and I’ve had insecurities about my weight and appearance (like most of us unfortunately), and I understood her motives.
- Describe your writing in three words.
Sweet, Sexy, Succinct
- Your newest book, 3 Seconds, is part of the Time for Love series. What can you share with readers who may be new to this series?
The Time for Love series is a romance series that follows a group of friends/families through their relationships. Each book focuses on a different couple, with the other characters stories continuing throughout the series. Some of the books are light and fun, with others tackling heavier material, but each book fits the couple and tells their story.
- Give us an insight into your main character(s). What makes him/her stand out as a strong character? What qualities will readers connect to?
3 Seconds is about Brendan, who is brother to Brock and Brady, and has been featured throughout the series as the lead singer of the brother’s band, Whiskey Heat. He’s the youngest of the brother’s, the most carefree, and the most sexual. He has an encounter with Bronagh, a woman almost ten years older, after one of his shows, and is surprised to find a real connection with her. He’s a very likable character. Honest, hardworking, and creative. He loves his music, travelling, cooking, and his brother’s. I think readers will connect with all of those qualities.
- What do you hope readers gain from your stories?
There are lessons, or morals, in all of my stories. Some are heavier than others, but there’s always an underlying message. I hope my stories make readers feel… in one way or another.
- What advice can you give to your readers who are looking to write their own stories?
Pull from your own emotions, and write the book that you want to read.
- Lightning Round:
- Favorite Food? Cheeseburgers
- Favorite Drink? Guinness
- Favorite Vacation Destination? Italy
- Favorite Superhero? Superman
- Secret talent? I can shake my eyes
- Brains or Brawn? Brains
- Morning person or Night Owl? Morning
- Hot Dog or Hamburger? Hamburger
- Cake or Ice Cream? Ice Cream
- Beer or Wine? Maybe Whiskey? Beer and Wine
- Introvert or Extrovert? Extrovert
- Football or Basketball? Baseball
- Mountains or Beach? Mountains
- Bacon or Sausage? Bacon
- Inside or Outside? Outside
Release Date: August 25, 2015
Synopsis: A lot can happen in 3 Seconds. It’s the space of time between walking onstage and stepping up to the mic. It’s that moment when your eyes meet across a crowded room and the chemistry between you is undeniable.
Bronagh has accomplished a lot in her thirty-five years. A successful pub owner and happy divorcée, she’s learned to enjoy life, but have realistic expectations. Her past has taught her that it’s best not to depend on others, but that doesn’t mean she won’t sample a tasty morsel when it’s right in front of her.
After taking a break from culinary school to travel abroad, Brendan is back and eager to finish what he started. Although he relishes the nights he gets to play with his brothers in their band, and enjoys their healthy supply of groupies, he’s ready to start acting like the twenty-something that he is…a fact he craves to prove with Bronagh.
What starts as a one-night-stand becomes more when Bronagh and Brendan realize that they can’t walk away. But can a younger man who’s prone to late nights and scantily-clad women convince a woman who’s been hurt that age doesn’t matter, and he’s the man she needs?
Kindle – http://amzn.to/1JokPPg
Smashwords – http://bit.ly/1Js3keQ
Nook – http://bit.ly/1E38aPl
Kobo – http://bit.ly/1h3Vzko
I smiled half-heartedly at her joke, but my mind was too boggled to fully appreciate her quick wit.
I figured it was best to just rip the Band-Aide off quickly and get straight to the part where they agreed that I was right, and needed to forget that I’d ever seen Brendan naked.
As if that could ever happen…
“I went home with that lead singer the other night, had fan-freaking-tastic sex, and it turns out he’s one of my students at the culinary school.” That said, I let out a long breath, then picked up my dirty martini and took a swift drink.
“Yay!” Cass, the third member of our trio, shrieked, startling me with her exuberance.
I gave her the stink eye over my glass.
Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She’s a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn’t reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible. Some of her favorite things are: Kristen Ashley Books, coffee in the morning, and In N Out burgers.